"Master Chief Meets the Network" is the third episode of season 2.
After a short "previously" segment, the votes of the election are counted and Barack Obama is the winner. Back at the "evil lair," however, the King is enraged that Obama won over John McCain. He asks the Angry Video Game Nerd, Chris Hansen, and Chad Warden for suggestions to no avail. Jack Thompson points out that he tries to be helpful, but the King responds that Thompson has been disbarred (a real life event) and has outlived his usefulness, prompting the King to shoot him. Hillary Clinton appears to make a deal with the other villains. Meanwhile, Cortana arrives with the Arbiter, who she has freed from jail, and they explain the history of the Network to Master Chief. Founded ten years earlier, the Network included many of the series characters, heroes and villains, until a split five years earlier in which the Arbiter, Cortana, and Obama left the group. Cortana explains that the villains are about to attack the White House. Assassins arrive and kill Joe Biden as Hillary confronts Obama. Master Chief protests Obama's sacrifice and the Arbiter and Cortana try to get him to escape with them. Hillary and Obama have their final confrontation, and Hillary kills Obama.
- With the death of Jack Thompson, all of the original villains from season 1 have died (though two season 2 villains, Tom Cruise and the King, appear at the very end of season 1).
- This episode is tied with "Master Chief: The Secret Origin of the King" for most guest stars.
- This is the only episode of season 2 in which Hillary Clinton is credited as a guest star. Starting with the next episode, she is credited as a main character.
- CATS and L. Ron Hubbard have uncredited nonspeaking cameos.
- Cortana says the Network split five years earlier. However, the Network actually split in 2005, three years earlier.
- Though this episode takes place in November 2008, shortly after Obama won the election, he and Biden are apparently already living at the White House. The president is not sworn in until the following January.
- The song that plays when the King shoots Thompson is "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap; a popular Youtube fad involves playing the song during dramatic shooting-related death scenes inspired by a Saturday Night Live sketch which was in turn parodying an OC episode.
- Jack Thompson was disbarred on September 25, 2008. This is referenced within the episode.
|<< S1 • << Mini||Master Chief Sucks at Ordering Season 2||MtA >> • S3 >>|
|Episode 1||"Master Chief Sucks at Escaping Prison"||September 1, 2008||Episode 5||"Master Chief Sucks at Time Travel"||February 13, 2009||Episode 10||"Master Chief Sucks at Remakes 2"||May 8, 2009|
|Movie||"Master Chief: The Movie (Parts 1 & 2)"||October 3, 2008||Episode 6||"Master Chief Sucks at Constants"||February 27, 2009||Episode 11||"Master Chief: The Second Finale (Part 1)"||May 13, 2009|
|Episode 2||"Master Chief Sucks at Voting"||November 4, 2008||Episode 7||"Master Chief Sucks at Super Smash Bros."||March 10, 2009||Episode 12||"Master Chief: The Second Finale (Part 2)"||May 13, 2009|
|Episode 3||"Master Chief Meets the Network"||November 22, 2008||Episode 8||"Master Chief Sucks at Computers"||March 23, 2009|
|Episode 4||"Master Chief vs the Superweapon"||January 17, 2009||Episode 9||"Master Chief vs Hillary Clinton"||April 20, 2009|